birding-aus

was (no subject) now eremaea v birding-aus

To: Dave Torr <>
Subject: was (no subject) now eremaea v birding-aus
From: Alastair Smith <>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 12:38:32 +1100
David,
I wonder whether this is true for non-Melbourne birders and does this mean
that us interstate birding-aus 'traditionalists' need to visit two
websites. I see that my email has been duplicated (and corrected where
necessary) on Eremaea.

I think this topic may have been discussed previously on birding-aus so I
don't want to rehash, but are you saying that eremaea is the primary site
for Melbourne/Vic birding as the discussion forum canberrabirds is for us
in the ACT? Certainly I was not aware of this and I restricted my research
to birding-aus before coming to WTP.

Whatsmore, on finding the bird we were advised by Melbourne birders, we
met and conversed with, to post the finding to birding-aus. No mention was
made of eremaea.

Regards

Alastair