birding-aus

Cocos-Christmas

To: "Tony Palliser" <>
Subject: Cocos-Christmas
From: David Stowe <>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:32:34 +1100
Thanks Tony (and Mike) for clarification on those points for me. Much
appreciated!

Cheers
Dave

On 10/01/2011, at 11:37 AM, Tony Palliser wrote:

David,
From memory I think Christidis and Boles does include Antarctic.   However,
given the fact that Antarctica is on another continent,  even further away and
out of reach for most it was left off the totals page. But again it is up to
the individual what they wish to count on their Australian List.   As for
‘mainland’ Australia – it made sense to follow the guidelines outlined by
American Birding which would include the Torres Strait Islands, Tasmania and
any location within the 200NM zone.   So Lord Howe NSW and Macquarie Island TAS
are excluded.

Regards,
Tony

Legally I believe they are part of Qld - just as Lord Howe is part of NSW.

On 9 January 2011 17:40,