birding-aus

Cocos-Christmas

To: Tony Palliser <>, "" <>
Subject: Cocos-Christmas
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 18:18:48 +1100
That sounds like an improvement, it'll be interesting to see how many people
supply both counts.

Can anyone tell me when people started including the territories in their
totals? Did anyone ever include New Guinea, which was a territory not all that
long ago (1975)?

I'm not going to argue one way or the other whether territories should be
included in counts, but if they're "our" territories, then we're responsible
for the welfare of the wildlife on them, which certainly justifies at least
checking what's there.

Peter Shute