birding-aus

STILT SANDPIPER at WTP, Werribee Vic today

To: "BIRDING-AUS" <>
Subject: STILT SANDPIPER at WTP, Werribee Vic today
From: "Mike Carter" <>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 20:46:09 +1100
Marilyn Hewish and friend found a juvenile Stilt Sandpiper at the Western Treatment Plant, Werribee today. Although not coffee table quality, the photos she sent me confirm the identity. It was discovered on pond 85 WC9 between 12.30 & 13.30 today, Saturday 18 December and seen again at same spot at 16.00 by Dave Torr so seems settled. That is a pond on the left heading to the Conservation Ponds proper. This area requires a Special Access Permit with key issued only after induction.
My memory may fail me but I think this is 4th for Australia.

Mike Carter
30 Canadian Bay Road
Mount Eliza  VIC 3930
Tel  (03) 9787 7136