birding-aus

Fwd: [Raptor_conservation] photographers threaten endangered Hen Harrier

To: jenny spry <>
Subject: Fwd: [Raptor_conservation] photographers threaten endangered Hen Harriers in Holland
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:15:16 +1100
Hi Jen,

I also was up at Bowra when the Restless F-c chicks hatched. I was
taking shots from the steps of the quarters, when one of the
photographers there said I should climb up the tree "so I could get a good shot". I replied that the birds were being disturbed too much
anyway. The photographer replied " what's the problem? The birds are
probably going to be eaten by something anyway" I walked away before
said photographer would have had to bend over to take any further
photographs. Shortly after that, signs were placed in the quarters
giving rules for photographing birds, but they seemed to make no
difference to the behaviour of certain individuals.

I find it rather bizarre that Camera clubs have a code of ethics for
the production of the images, but not for how the images were obtained.

Cheers,

Carl Clifford