birding-aus

RE: 'Myiagra' Flycatcher

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: RE: 'Myiagra' Flycatcher
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 14:49:33 +1000
At about this time in the discussions about Myiagra flycatchers someone points to Graeme Chapman's excellent article on the subject in Wingspan Vol 13 No 2 June 2003.
So it looks like it is me this time.
Also, check the photos in The Bird Observer Oct 2001 No 814.
Also also, take note of what Graeme says about one of the alleged Satin Flycatcher photos in the National Photographic Index volume "Robins and Flycatchers" - nice photo - wrong bird.

Gee, I wonder if that flycatcher I saw near the Noosa North Shore (Sunshine Coast, Queensland) last Friday was a Satin and not the Leaden I lazily assumed it was. Looking at the photos in the above references (not mine, too busy enjoying a delightful lunch to take photos of a 'common' species) and HANZAB gives me a bad feeling.

Cheers

Bob Inglis
Sandstone Point
Qld