birding-aus

Dick Smith's Population Puzzle

To: Dave Torr <>
Subject: Dick Smith's Population Puzzle
From: Chris King <>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:19:58 +1000
I am sympathetic  to the argument against a big population but I dont think
the film made the argument very well - full of assumptions and non
sequeters. It didnt seem to consider that we did and continue to do great
environmental damage in areas of small population in Australia, with most
people showing very little commitment to compromise our lifestyles to
protect the environment. I think it stimulated debate and that is useful,
but it felt like Nimbyism.