birding-aus

RFI : Tibooburra, Innaminka, maybe Birdsville...possible return via Rive

Subject: RFI : Tibooburra, Innaminka, maybe Birdsville...possible return via Riverina
From: Murray Hunt <>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 06:50:04 -0700 (PDT)
G'day All,

I'm about to take off for a lovely drive to see our fantastic desert areas
again and welcome any suggestions re current conditions and recommendations to
observe some of the harder to see inland birds. Would like to see Grey
Grasswren, Flock Bronzewing, and hold a slight hope that a 'falcon that is grey
in colour' might deem to show himself.

Regarding Grey Grasswren I understand that there are still difficulties
regarding the Onepah site, and hence would be likely to have a look around
Noccundra and near Ballera. I might end up going as far as Birdsville but would
like to hear from somebody specifically regarding Koonchera Dune on the
BIrdsville Track and whether it is still a good site for Grey  Grasswren.

On the way home I may also spend some time in the Riverina and again would
appreciate any suggestions of rarer birds currently observable in this area.

Cheers,
Murray Hunt