birding-aus

Birdline Australia Weekly Update

To: <>
Subject: Birdline Australia Weekly Update
From: "Eremaea Birds" <>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 01:30:11 +1000
Birdline Australia

Published sightings for the week ending 16 May 2010.

Sat 15 May      Pictorella Mannikin. Lark Quarry, Queensland
5 km sth of Lark Quarry there was a small flock of Pictorella Mannikin.
- an very southerly record. Also seen here were Spinifexbird. 20 km sth
of Lark Quarry we saw Rufous-crowned Emu-Wren, and in the Lark Quarry
car park we saw a pair of Painted Finch. [Ed note: there are only 2 more
southerly reports of Pictorella Mannikin - Cravens Peak Nature Refuge
Qld, and the Birdsville Tk in South Australia. TD]
Theo Tasouliss, Stuart Johnson and Steve Saunders per Tim Dolby

Fri 14 May      Regent Honeyeater Putty Road, Milbrodale (update), New
South Wales
19 Regents this morning, including 15 in a single flock. Not sure
whether numbers are building or if I've been missing some on previous
visits. Having 2 other people present today helped. Birds still on lerp
and not showing interest in Ironbark blossom.
Mick Roderick, Lucas Grenadier and Glenn Hoye

Sun 9 May       Sooty Albatross Port Mac donell Pelagic, South Australia
Edward Smith

Fri 16 Apr      Royal Albatross near Herald Island, NNW of Townsville ,
Queensland
A Royal Albatross was photographed from a fishing vessel near Herald
island, 2km off Qld coast at about same latitude as Paluma between
Townsvillw & Cairns. Sharon Leamonth of GBRMPA sent this image to Del
Richards to ID, who has since forwarded it to me for comment.
Sharon Leamonth & Del Richards per Martin Cachard

Birdline Australia is sponsored by Birds Australia
<http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au>  and co-ordinated and hosted by
Eremaea Birds <http://www.eremaea.com> .