birding-aus

Apostlebirds

To: Michael Dolan <>, birding aus <>
Subject: Apostlebirds
From: Gary Wright <>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:51:20 +0930
Hi Michael

I didn't know that they were over the range.  I see no reason why they wont
continue to travel westward expanding their range. There is still plenty of
pastoral and agricultural land for them to expand into.  When I moved to
Wilmington 11 years ago, the nearest places I knew Apostlebirds was out on
the Moochra Range and halfway to Peterborough.  They are now common in
wilmington.  some people of course hate them due to noise??  I love them and
love it when a big mob come into the garden and grizzle around.   Happy
Jacks is another name for them that I like.  I first met with them at Cania
Gorge NP in Qld and I was in a caravan park on the edge or in the park(some
strange arrangment, which I can't quite remember)
Anyway there was a cat there and a dripping tap.  The Apolstlebirds had the
cat sorted out with two on sentry duty as the rest drank

Gary