birding-aus

Re; Monarchs & Rufous Fantails.

To: "Greg & Val Clancy" <>
Subject: Re; Monarchs & Rufous Fantails.
From: Rod Gardner <>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:50:24 +1000
Hi Greg,

We've only been living in the west of Brisbane since 2006 - so not long
enough to tell whether overwintering Rufous Fantails is a new phenomenon.
When I say that a few birds overwinter, there are a couple of spots where
I see them maybe one, two or three times between May and August, which are
Mill Road in the Moggill State Forest, and Gold Creek Reserve in Upper
Brookfield, on the edge of the Brisbane State Forest. I'm sure there are
some in the Brisbane birding community who have the information on earlier
RF records.

Cheers,

Rod

Associate Professor Rod Gardner
School of Education & Professional Studies (Brisbane, Logan)
Mount Gravatt Campus

Tel: ±61 7 3735 3472