birding-aus

Comments on NZ Stormy in Wildiaries

To: <>
Subject: Comments on NZ Stormy in Wildiaries
From: Simon Mustoe <>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 06:21:38 +0000

Hi,

I thought I should mention a software update to Wildiaries that may be of use
here.

You now have the ability to trigger small email sub-forums by simply leaving a
comment on a trip or image.  For example, the pictures of the Storm-petrel at:
http://birdo.wildiaries.com/trips/310.

Everyone who comments will receive emails about all the other comments
subsequently left in the chain (until you choose to opt out by clicking "stop
email notifications"). For instance, I've added some comments based on what has
been said today. This way, a paper trail of discussions is kept.

Errant or abusive comments can be deleted by the owner (I can add others to
this trip to manage this) and the comment trail closed down when it is
complete. This not only promotes the contributions made by the trip owner but
guarantees that the final information is held in one place. The only catch is
that you have to be signed in - which is no different to signing up for this
forum.

Regards,

Simon.