birding-aus

Flagged Pied Oystercatcher - SE Qld

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Flagged Pied Oystercatcher - SE Qld
From: Laurie Knight <>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 11:29:10 +1000
Fascinating. I photographed a Pied Oystercatcher with a pale yellow flag on its left leg at the Manly wader roost this morning, only this one was marked C1. I must say that I have never seen this flag colour in SEQ before. Has a group in Northern NSW recently started to flag birds with this colour?

Regards, Laurie.