birding-aus

Social Media for birders.

To: Gunnar Engblom <>
Subject: Social Media for birders.
From: Alan McBride <>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 20:27:36 +1100
I agree with you Gunnar, I think it's a great resource that is greatly
underused.

I think biggest issue is most people are time poor i.e. there isn't enough of
it available!

Alan

On 30/12/2009, at 20:08 , Gunnar Engblom wrote:

Belinda,

You can do that too. But a group is a different level of comunications. Most
groups are quite stagnant.
Befriending birders in general - not only within a specific area - but all
over the world makes it more fun and more useful. Some birding stuff I post
on my profile gets commented by peole all over the world. And likewise I
comment on stuff from pretty much everywhere, and have chatted with birders
in Bangla Desh, Thailand, Korea, Kenya, Australia, US, Great Britain, Taiwan
etc, etc.
Say I want to to go to Thailand, I'd turn to my birding friends for
recommendations and maybe even talk to some local guides or local tour
operators in Thailand through Facebook.
Is it only me that foresee that in such a connected world in a very near
future...international bird tour operators will get problems getting clients
for their expensive overseas tours.

Saludos

Gunnar