birding-aus

Eastern Koels take Victoria

To: michael norris <>
Subject: Eastern Koels take Victoria
From: Lawrie Conole <>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:46:07 +1100
You may well be right Michael - but there are an awful lot of Moreton Bay Figs (and common garden fig trees) in Melbourne!

michael norris wrote:
I reckon - on my flimsy evidence - that most Melbournites don't have to worry about Koels.

In all three (4?) cases where they've hung around in the City of Bayside they have been closely associated with Moreton Bay Figs. And Mike Carter's report from Mount Eliza last month also related to MBFs.

It would be good if observers reported on the local vegetation/bird food as well as the site.

Michael Norris
37° 59' S  145° 0' E