birding-aus

Pale-headed Rosella nest box

To: Trevor Quested <>
Subject: Pale-headed Rosella nest box
From: Peter Horler <>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:07:34 +1000
Trevor

Suggest that you keep watching. We bought our box and had 3 broods last year and another fledged about a fortnight ago.

Recent signs are that the parents are thinking about another brood - great fun sitting on the patio watching the comings and goings (so quick)

We're about to put up a second box!

Cheers
Peter
Pine Mountain

Trevor Quested wrote:
...  two fledglings made their 1st flight. How happy are we?
Tips for anyone doing it: don't forget the woodshavings in the bottom. Don't forget the wire mesh on the inside of the side with the hole so the birds can climb out. ...