birding-aus

Re Wildiaries - Why you should use Firefox and not Internet Explorer

To: ? birding-aus <>
Subject: Re Wildiaries - Why you should use Firefox and not Internet Explorer
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 12:46:05 +1100
Just a follow on from Simon's comments, we use (and prefer) Firefox (and
Thunderbird) but it does seem to have problems occasionally with some sites
(usually sites where using internet to buy things - I remember pulling my hair
out in frustration when trying to book tickets on Virgin Blue one time).
However, things are slowly improving and it is very rarely that Firefox still
refuses to work.
If you are using hotmail, it is incredibly frustrating that both Messenger and
Hotmail refuse to remember login details whenever you turn the computer on. I
am pretty certain MicroSoft have done this to encourage use of IE8 as the
browser of choice since they own Hotmail (though that could just be my personal
conspiracy theory).
Otherwise Firefox is good and well worth a try.
Cheers,
Peter