birding-aus

IR lights was Re: LED (by Mike Carter 21 Sept 2009)

To: Birding-Aus <>, Robert Inglis <>
Subject: IR lights was Re: LED (by Mike Carter 21 Sept 2009)
From: Rob Geraghty <>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 19:07:10 -0700 (PDT)
Out of interest, have there been any studies on the use of Infra Red or Ultra
Violet lights in observations of animals at night?  I've seen them used in
documentaries with the claim that they disturb animals less, so I wonder if
they'd be a useful tool.  When I bought my video camera in Japan back in 2002,
I saw a clip-on IR movie light which claimed to be for exactly this purpose.  I
also saw a parabolic microphone which I wish I'd bought, but I digress. :)

Has anyone tried IR or UV lights to observe animals or birds at night?

Rob
=======
Rob Geraghty