birding-aus

RFI. Thornbill identification

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: RFI. Thornbill identification
From: "Marlene Lyell" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 16:16:26 +1000
Hi All

  Just returned from Alice Springs and wondering if anyone would like to
have a look at some very bad Thornbill photos I've taken at Simpson's Gap. I
have no idea as to what species they are. I THINK they're thornbills!, what
else could they be?

I only had enough time to get off one photo of the first bird, with first
impressions being of a  'grey' bird, - but bird NO 2 allowed some more
photos in fast fading light. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As I'm not 'computer literate' enough to put them up on a website, maybe
someone would kindly post them so anyone interested could view them and
offer opinions.

Thanks and

Happy birding

Marlene.