birding-aus

bird intelligence

To: "'John Tongue'" <>, "'Wendy'" <>
Subject: bird intelligence
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 09:16:40 +0930
Some friends of ours living in Brisbane have a pair of Pied Butcherbirds
which feed from their hands nearly every evening - they seem to know
who's friendly and who isn't. We also have two families of Magpies which
live in and around our back and front gardens in Vista SA,  - they are
certainly not afraid of us, allowing us to approach to within a metre -
and of course we talk to them and they seem to listen.

tony.