birding-aus

Glouceser Mid-North Coast NSW

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Glouceser Mid-North Coast NSW
From: Penny Brockman <>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 21:48:21 +1000

Had a glorious view of an immature Hobby this afternoon at 4.30pm, doing acrobatics for nearly 5 minutes back of my house, northern slopes of Gloucester town, rising and falling in the strong wind and scaring the living daylights out of a large flock of Figbirds that had arrived to sample the last of the mulberries in my tree. Full late afternoon sunlight, colour of breast was quite dull comparison with an adult but unmistakably a Hobby.

Also a few days ago, saw a female Scarlet Robin in Gloucester Park, sitting above a pool in the sun preening after a bath. First for winter.