birding-aus

RFI Hattah-Kulkyne NP, Lake Tyrell and Bronzewing

To: <>
Subject: RFI Hattah-Kulkyne NP, Lake Tyrell and Bronzewing
From: "Troy Mutton" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:32:06 +1100
Hi birders,

I'm going to be visiting Hattah-Kulkyne NP for a few days in late April,
and was wondering if anyone has any hot tips for any specific places
worth checking out.

I'm going to be checking out the Nowingi Track for Grasswren and
Emu-wren, and am hoping that someone can point me in a more specific
direction for Malleefowl, Spotted Nightjar, Chestnut Quail-thrush and
Little Button-quail. I will also be having a look at Lake Tyrell and the
reserve at Bronzewing - does anyone have any specific places to look at
either of those places? I'm basing my visit to Bronzewing on a report by
Tim Dolby from March 08 where Chestnut Quail-thrush were found, and Lake
Tyrell from a few random places around the web.

I will be heading to Hattah via Lake Tyrell from Chiltern (where I'll be
spending about 10 days as I commute to and from Albury for Uni) and
returning to Sydney via Wagga Wagga, so am open to any locations roughly
on that route, particularly for Malleefowl.

Cheers
Troy