birding-aus

RE: Painted Snipe, Edithvale Wetlands, Vic

To: <>
Subject: RE: Painted Snipe, Edithvale Wetlands, Vic
From: "McGowan, John" <>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 12:56:45 +1100
G'day Birders
I shot down to the hide yesterday in the early arvo (I'm only in Melbourne)and I was very fortunate 'cos it was open. A very nice man (Andrew?) a local member just happened to be there and had opened it for himself and pointed the bird out for me.  The snipe was huddled right underneath the window and was intially very difficult to spot, but once spotted well....

An excellent hide and a tribute to those who built it and now look after it.

A Latham's and a Painted in two weekends and both life ticks-doesn't get much better
John Mc