birding-aus

Long-billed Corella status in Sydney

To: "'Alistair McKeough'" <>, <>
Subject: Long-billed Corella status in Sydney
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:15:56 +0930
Why are people reluctant to "admit" that they've got Long-billed
Corellas in their area ?  In 2000 we found a flock of some 50 or so in a
northern Perth suburb which I reported on B-a because we were somewhat
surprised to find them there. I was then emailed by someone unnamed in
Perth saying. "Oh no, we don't have that species in WA."  Not much you
don't.  Their presence has since been "admitted".

Tony.