birding-aus

blog for birding aus - birders behaving badly

To: "'Peter Shute'" <>, "'Dave Torr'" <>, "'kbrandwood'" <>
Subject: blog for birding aus - birders behaving badly
From: "Steve" <>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:48:47 +1000
Peter.... Firstly, it is not just one waterhole where the birds are coming
in to drink, there are several. In any case they still come in to drink with
people about. Honestly, I think they are more concerned about the raptors
than the people. Nearly every time a large flock came in where I was, a
Brown Falcon would cut a swathe through their ranks and scatter the birds.
The birds are nervous, flighty, and stop to drink for a matter of seconds.
But I would be surprised if they didn't act like that all the time.
Cheers Steve Murray