birding-aus

Fw: [Birding-Aus] Car break-in at Lee Point, Darwin

To: "Baus" <>
Subject: Fw: [Birding-Aus] Car break-in at Lee Point, Darwin
From: "Graham Turner" <>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 10:43:59 +1000
This is, I'm sure, old news.

But when I went there I decided to dip rather than have my car broken into. I have never seen soo much broken glass in a car park before. Nor have I seen soo many obvious candidates for car breaking clearly eyeing off my vehicle whilst driving through the car park (a heavily laden Volvo Cross Country must have seemed like Christmas, and no I do not own a Volvo).

I did manage a quick look at the beach to see birding heaven, dozens of Lesser Sand Plovers, some in breeding plumage, Knots, Beach Stone Curlew, hundreds of White winged Black terns just beyond the beach. All this while my travelling companion (and Volvo owner) stayed with the vehicle.

Sure did put a damper on a magical spot.

Cheers
Graham Turner