birding-aus

RE: Scarlet-chested Parrot near Kyalite (NSW BirdLine)

To: <>
Subject: RE: Scarlet-chested Parrot near Kyalite (NSW BirdLine)
From: "Murray Lord" <>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 21:37:05 +1000
Peter,

I exchanged a couple of emails with Colin before publishing the sighting.  The
birds were seen as he was driving - they flew towards the car and got to within
a couple of metres of the car before sweeping away.  His son had a better view
than Colin did.  He said that he saw green and blue on back and wings, and
scarlet red chests (not rump or vent or mantle).  If that's correct and the
size was right then it's hard to see what else they might have been.  So while
the circumstances of the sighting may perhaps not be enough to convince a
rarities committee I thought it definitely worth publishing.  Would of course
appreciate any news from anyone else who has a look out there.

Murray Lord
Birdline NSW moderator