birding-aus

Hobby, North Turramurra

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Hobby, North Turramurra
From: "Tom and Mandy Wilson" <>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 12:22:12 +1100
Hi all
I observed a Hobby today at Samuel King Oval, N Turramurra (Sydney N suburbs),. A single bird made 2 passes across the oval at approx 11am - it appeared to be chasing swallows. The oval backs onto a bushland reserve, with a creek that drains towards Bobbin Head. I've seen a few Hobbies in the 9 years I've lived up here - this one may have been around yesterday as well as the Noisy Miners were "going off" sporadically all day but I never got a view if what was disturbing them - but at the speed Hobbies move, that's not a surprise!
An interesting diversion from U8 soccer trials.
Cheers
Tom Wilson