birding-aus

Mopoke calls

To: <>
Subject: Mopoke calls
From: "Colin Driscoll" <>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:13:25 +1100
The two areas that I have heard Boobooks quite a bit are the Central Coast
NSW and SE QLD Ravensbourne. The common call sounds like 'Morepork' than
'Boobook' to me with the first syllable being longish. However there is a
less known call that sounds much like the 'rusty hinge' call of the
Glossy-black Cockatoo that builds up to a repeated 'aow'. There is a snippet
of this call on one of David Stewart's CD's- www.naturesound.com.au.