birding-aus

Mount St Josephs Pond

To: "Peter Shute" <>
Subject: Mount St Josephs Pond
From: "Chris Sanderson" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:37:45 +1100
Hi Peter,

The Baillon's Crake was directly across from the platform on the open ground
at the edge of the water.  The Spotless Crake was more difficult, being at
the far eastern end of the ponds, over the far side of the water.  This was
the only good looking habitat for crakes (wet mud next to dense vegetation)
and so I spent most of my time looking there.  I would think your best bet
is to focus on the open mud areas at the base of reeds and dense veg rather
than scan the whole edge.

Regards,
Chris