birding-aus

"Solitary" clifftop birding

To: inger vandyke <>, <>
Subject: "Solitary" clifftop birding
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 19:55:52 +1100
Inger and all,

I agree about Mt Solitary. The western end is covered with a forest of Allocasuarina littoralis (from memory) and I've often seen Glossies there. The "summit" is actually a 4km-long plateau so even if it's windy and cold there are gullies and sheltered spots, including some well-used camping caves. Spotted Quail-thrush and Owlet-nightjar are other nice species I've seen up there. Thanks Inger for mentioning it.

Cheers,

Carol