birding-aus

Clements names

To: "Phil & Sue Gregory" <>
Subject: Clements names
From: "Peter Madvig" <>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 09:10:47 +1100
Phil wrote:
.....So, I have to get used to Green Oriole for Yellow Oriole (and it's
one of the few cases where a change might be justified as there is
another species with this name and our bird is more green than
yellow!).....

And, not to confuse it with the East African,  Green-headed Oriole (Oriolus
chlorocephalus amani). Any 'international' list must indeed be made with local
input - otherwise it becomes untenable.
Peter Madvig