birding-aus

DIY Birding Database

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: DIY Birding Database
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:35:16 +1100
Peter,

I tried using J-Bird as well, but gave up, it was just to clunky. With Bento, I loaded an Australian list, based on the list Dave Sargeant posted on Birding-Aus, as a drop down menu. The loading of the list was a simple cut and paste.

I have thought of using Eremea, but I am a bit reluctant to place all my data in a database which I have no control of backing-up off the data. Does Eremea have a good back-up of the data held on it off- site, or is it possible to back-up your data held on Eremea your self for your own archiving?

Cheers,

Carl Clifford