birding-aus

Atherton Tablelands birding

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Atherton Tablelands birding
From: "Alan Gillanders" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 15:50:15 +1000
Greetings for the festive season,
Yesterday I added Rose-crowned Fruit-Dove to the home list for the first time, making 121 for the year and 188 total.

the young golden Bowerbird at Longlands Gap seems to have stopped displaying but a bird I visited with my parents this morning was still going strong. We saw him on the bower twice and practising his twitching display. I say practising as it is unlikely that there are any unmated females around. A brown bird stole a fruit from his cache.

Nearly all the cranes have left.

Blue-faced Parrot-finches are still showing well on the eastern escarpment.

Regards,
Alan Gillanders

Alan's Wildlife Tours
2 Mather Road