birding-aus

Cormorant ID help required

To: Tom Tarrant <>, Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Cormorant ID help required
From: Daniel Mantle <>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 01:21:18 +0000
Hi All,

Judging from the photograph alone, I would have guessed this is a Pied
Cormorant with its head angled towards the photographer. Thus the top of the
head appears as part of the face.

Cheers Dan> Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 09:47:32 +1000> From: > To:
> Subject: [Birding-Aus] Cormorant ID help required> >
Hi All,> > Mike Carter has asked if I could post this unusual Cormorant taken
at> Merimbula NSW> > http://www.aviceda.org/abid/newimages.php> > *I wonder if
you could pass comment on the attached which one of our members> took on Dec 9,
2007 at Short Point, Merimbula, NSW> We get the Black-faced Cormorants at Eden
and rarely further north. They are> usually on rocks or buoys. This one is odd
because of the 'extra' black on> the head and also being on the sand.> > Is it
something interesting?> > Barbara Jones, Eden> > *Unfortunately Comments cannot
be posted on ABID for the time-being (due to> persistent 'spamming') so please
pass on your thoughts via this> mailing-list.> > Tom> > -- >
********************************> Tom & Marie Tarrant> Samsonvale, Qld> >
http://www.aviceda.org> > http://wildlife.vodpod.com/>
with no Subject line)> to: >