birding-aus

slide scanners and/or services

To: "Peteriw" <>, <>
Subject: slide scanners and/or services
From: "Rosemary Royle" <>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:58:33 -0000
We tried scanning slides on our Epson Perfection 1250 which has a slide
scanning attachment (one at a time). The maximum resolution was 1200 dpi. The
results were not satisfactory either for resolution or colour rendition. The
pictures looked "odd" and no amount of playing around in Adobe seemed to make
them look right.

We are just about to try scanning with a (borrowed) Epson Perfection V700. This
will scan at up to 6400 dpi and will do 12 slides at a time, but 12 slides
takes 85 minutes if you are scanning at 4800 dpi with dust and scratch removal
etc. Its going to take a long time to do our slide collection ........

Will let you know how we get on.

Rosemary

Wales, UK