birding-aus

bird from Mitchell's 1844 Expedition

To: "Birding Australia" <>
Subject: bird from Mitchell's 1844 Expedition
From: "Chris Coleborn" <>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:34:12 +1000
John,

I was interested in your query because as a boy I lived on the Balonne River. Mitchell's query must have been before Qld became an independent State from NSW, because I don't think the Balonne River flows into NSW these days.

As far as the bird Mitchell saw, and from their behaviour etc. I reckon John Harris is on the right track suggesting Satin Flycatcher.

Regards,

Chris Coleborn