birding-aus

birding Aus postings - what not to do

To: "Peter Shute" <>, "Evan Beaver" <>, "Terry Reis" <>
Subject: birding Aus postings - what not to do
From: "Rosemary Royle" <>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:45:19 +0100
Hi all,

One of the things I most enjoy about this list is the humour and gentle chat -
please don't stop! I know it sometimes gets a bit silly but who cares ......

Russell must do a good job of moderating as very little aggressive or
unpleasant stuff gets through - or are you all just pretty nice people??

(You should have seen one of the UK chatlines after a juvenile Yellow Nosed
Albatross, a first for the UK, was taken into care and then released by an
animal welfare organisation before any birders had a chance to tick it.
Everybody immediately came up with conspiracy theories as to why they hadn't
been allowed to see the bird - it was pathetic and the reason why I don't read
any of these things. Birding-Aus is a breath of fresh air in comparison,
probably because twitching is not (on the whole) taken so seriously in Oz)

Rosemary Royle, Wales, UK