birding-aus

Yarra Valley/Mt Arapiles trip report

To: "Evan Beaver" <>
Subject: Yarra Valley/Mt Arapiles trip report
From: "Dave Torr" <>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 16:16:26 +1000
Evan

There is a reasonable colony of Magpie Geese in a place called
Serendip just south of the You Yangs. They were bred in captivity but
are now (as far as I know) a sustainable wild population - they mainly
stay close to Serendip but turn up from time to time in various parts
of the Melbourne region, so Ballarat is well within their range

<>Thornbills. Little else though.