birding-aus

Re: Rufous Owl Photos

To: David Stowe <>
Subject: Re: Rufous Owl Photos
From: Penny Brockman <>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:51:20 +1000
David Stowe wrote:
Amy has kindly forwarded me the images of the Rufous Owl photographed by Lisa McCarroll in Bridgetown SW Western Australia.

"According to the photographer, it was brought over from Queensland to the Wildlife Bird
Park in Margaret River. Apparently it escaped 2 years ago and from its
appearance seems to be coping quite well by its self."

I have posted them on my website for her so that everyone can access them easily. (this was done with permission of both Lisa and Amy)
Check out:
http://www.pbase.com/davidstowe/wa_rufous_owl
Thanks for posting those Dave, and thanks to Amy for very clear photos - definitely a Rufous Owl and definitely a Magpie. Glad it was also identified - perhaps someone should release a mate for it! Just wait for the outcry.......