birding-aus

The new Pizzey and Knight guide

To: birding birding-aus <>
Subject: The new Pizzey and Knight guide
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 10:35:00 +1000
When the first Pizzey & Knight hit the shelves in 1997 we had a similar analysis / discussion on Birding-Aus. Graham Pizzey asked me to send him all these comments so he could consider them for the first revision which was published a few months later. It was reassuring to know that he valued the input of members of the local birding community, but the point I want to make is that sadly, Graham is no longer with us. We have lost one of the most influential contributors to Australian birding. Fortunately, the baton has been taken up by Peter Menkhorst - if Peter's mammal field guide is a good indicator of quality, I can't wait to get my hands on the new "Pizzey and Knight" - or should it really be called "Menkhorst, Pizzey & Knight"?

Russell

Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus List Owner

Geelong   Victoria   Australia