birding-aus

BIRDING

To: birding aus <>
Subject: BIRDING
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 06:04:31 +1000
Hi all

I think these side issues are worth exploring, but it will help if people keep discussions under the original subject header, unless the topic has moved so far away that a new one is necessary.

If you set your mail reader to sort / organise your messages by THREAD or TOPIC then it is very easy to delete the discussions that don't interest you. This is easy to do in programs like Outlook, Eudora, Mac Mail, etc. Some of the web-based email systems allow it as well - e.g. gmail.

Another strategy for dealing with email is to set up an account solely for birding-aus (or other mailing lists, etc). I'd recommend gmail as it has good filtering, is easy to use, has lots of space, and is free. Most ISPs will give you several email addresses as part of your account, so unless you are sharing it with a big family, there is often a spare address you can use for subscriptions.

Now back to birding talk ...

Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus List Owner

Geelong   Victoria   Australia