birding-aus

"Bird brain"

To: Chris Charles <>, Syd Curtis <>
Subject: "Bird brain"
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 04:52:58 +0930
Once I found a Rainbow Lorikeet sitting on a road in Darwin, looking
stunned.  I took it home, and later made up a nectar mix which I fed to the
bird.  It soon figured out that the mix was stored in the fridge and would
lead me to the fridge whenever it was hungry, by climbing up my leg and
leaning towards the kitchen, and then towards the fridge.  It would also
inspect any similar cups that I left in the kitchen.

The bird seemed wild - it certainly didn't want a relationship with either
me or my children, and when it was well, it strolled out the door and flew
away.

I didn't want it to stay.  It was watching me on the computer.  Next thing
it could have been hacking into government files!

Denise
Denise Lawungkurr Goodfellow
1/7 Songlark Street
BAKEWELL NT 0832