birding-aus

Banded Lapwings/Lake Eyre

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Banded Lapwings/Lake Eyre
From: "Elizabeth Shaw" <>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 23:08:02 +1100
Hi all,
I am currently visiting Etadunna station (between Lake Eyre and Strzelecki
Regional Reserve) and on a visit to an outlying bore dam saw 200+ Banded
Lapwings scattered around the edge of the dam.  A spectacular sight of a
spectacular species.
No water in Lake Eyre yet I've been told, but is creeping down the Diamantina
towards LE.  Flights over LE should start within the next month according to
the Marree caravan park/milk bar/garage operator.
Elizabeth Shaw
Phillip Island
Victoria