birding-aus

Rare bird sitings along Moonee Ponds Ck [what aboutMerri Ck? - both Melb

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: Rare bird sitings along Moonee Ponds Ck [what aboutMerri Ck? - both Melbourne area]
From: Paul Jacobson <>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 13:32:15 +1100
I'd say the reports are really pretty reliable, as I'd guess the majority of reports come from members of the birding-aus list, and I believe the lists which are publicly available are checked by the site moderators for questionable reports. As for completeness, you need to check the number of surveys done and when they were done to make any reasonable assesment. If there has been fairly regular & recent surveys, as is the case with the Meeri Creek Trail, the list should be quite complete.

There may be a survey covering the Merri Creek from Nth Fitzroy to Dights Falls as well?

cheers
Paul