birding-aus

RFI: Alice Springs

Subject: RFI: Alice Springs
From: "Frank Rheindt" <>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 04:11:59 +0200
Dear all,

I am contemplating a long weekend trip to Alice Springs to see some of the Alice specialties within the next 3-4 weeks. Would any kind soul be so kind as to provide me with some information on the following:

- Is this generally a good season for Alice? How about this year in particular? Is the drought likely to affect chances of seeing some of the special birds, such as Dusky Grasswren, Striated Grasswren, Grey Honeyeater, Banded Whiteface and Rufous-tailed Emuwren?

- Does anyone have recent stake-outs for any of the above species (especially the two grasswrens)? Any recent site information is appreciated, because I only have Thomas & Thomas, but that's from the 80s...

Thank you so much in advance!

Cheers
Frank