birding-aus

Byron STP

To: <>
Subject: Byron STP
From: "Rex & Jan Fisher" <>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:42:00 +1000
I have forwarded this on behalf of Michael Bingham at the Byron STP. Last
week's publicity about the "opening" got a bit skewed as open public access
is not available at this time. They are genuinely keen to allow access in
future but, and quite fair enough, they want to avoid adverse impacts on the
fauna that might flow from open slather access. Some ideas from Birding -Aus
subscribers have been passed on and gratefully taken on board

Will keep you informed of developments

Regards Rex Fisher

Hi there at Birding Aus
        Just a short note for your members regarding the Byron Bay
Integrated Water Management Reserve (BBIWMR) which was officially opened
last Wednesday the 4th of October.

Please be advised that whilst the site has been officially opened it is not
yet open for individual visitors.

However, if you have a group of people that want to visit the site together
we can accommodate GROUPS BY PRE ARRANGEMENT ONLY at this stage.

We are working on a process whereby individuals can access the site during
daylight hours, however until that is complete we can only accommodate group
visits or open days.

Apart from access for individuals we also planning visitor facilities such
as a bird hide and interpretive centre

Enquiries can be made vie this email address or phone number below.

Regards

Michael Bingham
Capital Works Environmental Officer
Water and Recycling Management Services