birding-aus

2006 Vic Twitch

Subject: 2006 Vic Twitch
From: <>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:31:04 +1000
Hi racers and bird chasers,

Another reminder about the 2006 Victorian Twitchathon, an annual
fund-raising event conducted in association with Birds Australia. The
race this year will be especially interesting due to the introduction of
 a national scoring system. (The 'modified dolby system' - a healthy
mixture of stereo and statistics.)

To read how last years Victorian Twitchathon was raced read the
following article entitled 'Racing for Conservation':

  http://www.babblersnest.com/Documents/Twitchathon2005VicNat.pdf

The 2006 Victorian Twitchathon will be held on the weekend of 11 and 12
November. There will two events: a 24 hour Race, starting at 4:00pm on
11 November and finishing at 4:00pm on 12 November; and an 8 hour Race,
which commences any time after 4:00 pm on 11 November and must finish
before 4:00 pm on 12 November. In 2006 there will be no official finish
line for the race!!! So racers are allowed to finish anywhere within
Victoria.

Entering is easy! Simply contact me, Tim Dolby, and I will happily
provide you with an entry kit comprising the registration form, rules,
sponsorship forms and tick list. I can be contacted by phone on (03)
9489 3830 or by email at

Alternatively you can to http://www.babblersnest.com/twitchathon.html
and download them straight to your computer.

Tim Dolby