birding-aus

Spotting Scope.

Subject: Spotting Scope.
From: Andrew <>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:15:31 +0800
Hi,

After reading all about spotting scopes in this group plus lots of reviews I finally bought one. An Optilon T90ED (including tripod) from Birds Australia. Bit apprehensive about buying one without trying it out but it has turned out great. A bit surprised at the packaging. 3 large boxes. One contains the scope in a cardboard box plus the tripod. The second contained an aluminium suitcase with foam inserts for transporting the scope. The third contained a scope cover, as well as a soft bag to carry the tripod and scope!

Bright clear image with very little visible chromatic abberation. Had it out at the weekend at Alfred Cove on the south bank of the Swan River (Perth). Not many waders out on the sandbars but what there were gave great views. Plus fantastic views of a pair of Osprey with juvenile offspring.

Very pleased with it, and I can thoroughly recommend it. I have heard the T80ED is just as good.

Cheers

Andrew