birding-aus

more sneaky ravens

To: "'Wendy'" <>, <>, "'Andrew'" <>
Subject: more sneaky ravens
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:06:45 +0930
I have a Little Raven at my place which picks up old rock-hard pieces of
bread or bread roll, dunks them in the bird bath till they are soft,
then takes them away, presumably to feed either young ones or a sitting
mate. We used to wonder how all the bits of bread got from the pavers,
where we had thrown them for the sparrows and blackbirds - now we know !

Tony,